Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fearless

 
Yesterday we went and helped my parents (Paca and PacaMa as
the grandkids call them) finish building a rain catchment
 on their cow permit. You drive and drive until you think
that surely no one would run cows this far out- and then
you drive some more and you've almost made it. I use to think
they were a little crazy to run this permit (some days I think they
would agree) but maybe it's more of a special kind of courage.
How brave do you have to be to run a herd of cows where
you can ride for days and never see a single one? Where
you have to dynamite a hole in the ground and cover it in a
gigantic piece of rubber (that I swear weighs a billion pounds) so that
if you're lucky and it happens to rain you might have a little
water for your cows that you hope are still there?
Pretty brave I would say.
 

Paca found this big spider.  We told Judd
that the only reason Paca got to hold it was because
he had gloves on and it could bite....  

Next thing you know, Judd has found Scott's gloves
and wants to hold it too. (Thanks a lot Crocodile Hunter).

I can't believe my little boy who is still afraid to go
down the big slide at the park by himself would love
holding a spider this big.  Go figure...

Little Scotty thought the whole thing was
 grand as long as I carried him
everywhere and kept his belly full.
I guess life is an adventure no matter what
way you look at it. :)

 

1 comment: